When you hear the slogan “Built Ford Tough,” you may think we’re only talking about our F-series trucks. While that series is certainly one of the toughest on the road today, “Built Ford Tough” applies to any of our vehicles.
At Dingwall Ford in Kenora, our team wants you to know that with continued investment and research in engineering capabilities and safety features, our 2021 Ford Explorer is Built Ford Tough, too!
At Ford, we know your vehicle needs to be able to multitask just like you do. The Ford Explorer takes you where you want to go - whether it’s off the beaten path or to the grocery store - without breaking a sweat.
There are five models to choose from, with four powerful engine choices that match your unique needs. The available Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System means you don’t have to be concerned while you’re voyaging ahead into the wilderness on that camping trip you’ve been planning.
Choose from seven selectable drive modes, including Normal, Trail, Deep Snow/Sand, Slipper, Sport, Tow/Haul, and Eco, to give you the confidence and satisfaction (plus a little extra traction) you need. Each comes with unique 3D animated graphics in the available 12.3-inch digital cluster.
Standard Rear-Wheel Drive means that you achieve maximum performance - no matter where you find yourself - with improved on- and off-road capability and 600 pounds more in maximum towing capacity when equipped with the Class III Trailer Package.
That’s right. You can pull what you want, where you want. When it’s equipped with the Class III Trailer Tow Package and the 3.0L V6 engine, the Explorer can tow a maximum of 5600lbs. So go ahead and hitch up that camper or those dirt bikes. Ford’s got you covered!
The 10-speed transmission is standard across all model Explorers and ensures smooth performance and effortless upshifts and downshifts.
Sometimes toughness is measured in your defense, not just your offense. We know our customers are on-the-go, leading lives that require lots of focus and drive. We want to make every journey a safe one for you and those you love most who are along for the ride.
- Post-Collision Braking is standard on all series and can lessen a secondary collision’s severity by automatically applying moderate brake pressure when an initial collision is detected. By braking after the initial crash, we hope to slow down the vehicle quickly to lessen damage to both the car and its occupants.
- Available Reverse Brake Assist works as you slowly reverse. You’ll hear and see audio and visual warnings if there are stationary or moving objects in your path. If you don’t apply the brakes, the system will apply them to save you from a collision.
- Side-Wind Stabilization is another standard feature on all series and helps counteract heavy winds. You won’t have to grip the steering wheel anymore when you begin to feel gusts of heavy wind. Affording you added confidence, the system stabilizes the vehicle for you while you’re passing big trucks, crossing a bridge, or driving through bad weather.
One of the most impressive safety series yet, the Ford Co-Pilot360 Technologies provides consumers with a host of driver-assist technologies. Many of these features are standard on the 2021 Ford Explorer, but be sure to ask one of our team members which features are standard on the model in which you’re most interested. Features include:
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert. If a vehicle enters your blind spot, our system alerts you with a small light in the corresponding side-view mirror. No longer do you have to turn and strain and take your eyes off the road ahead to check your blind spot before changing lanes. We do it for you! Cross-Traffic Alert is a helpful tool for backing out of crowded parking lots or down steep driveways. With sensors mounted on either side of the vehicle, we alert you to traffic coming from either direction.
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps. Headlamps may not be the first thing you think of in safety features until these. These dim and brighten as a result of the ambient light they sense in front of your vehicle.
- Lane-Keeping System. If you inadvertently veer from your lane of traffic, our system alerts you and gently maneuvers your vehicle back within your lane. If you veer too many times in a row, our system reminds you that a coffee break and stretching your legs is probably essential!
At Dingwall Ford, we hope you know that “Built Ford Tough” applies to all our cars and trucks. We put only the most capable and safe vehicles we can engineer out on the open road.
If you’re looking for reliability, capability, and safety, you’ve come to the right place. Visit us in Kenora on Highway 17 East and see our lineup of Explorers! You will be so glad you did.